About the Service
The Lawyer Referral Service was established in 1964 by the Maricopa County Bar Association to help match clients with attorneys that suit their needs. Our many years of experience mean our friendly, knowledgeable staff can help you find the help you are looking for.
The attorneys in the network are pre-screened for experience in a wide range of areas of law.
Becoming a member of the MCBA Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), provides attorneys with an opportunity to build business through client referrals.
LRS receives over 100,000 calls per year from people seeking legal assistance and from attorneys referring clients outside their area of practice.
For the Public
General members of the public can use the Lawyer Referral Service to be matched with an attorney.
With over 250 Lawyers in our network, we can help you find the right one for your specific needs.
What We Do
We will help you find the lawyer who best fits your needs.
- We put you in touch with an attorney to schedule up to a 30-minute legal consultation upon payment of a small non-refundable $40 administrative fee. There is no fee for personal injury or workers' comp.
- We refer you to a licensed and insured attorney, not a paralegal or document preparer. Many of our panel attorneys have decades of experience.
- Your lawyer will be an experienced professional in good standing with the State Bar of Arizona and the Maricopa County Bar Association.
- We can try to find an attorney near your home or work, and the consultation can occur in person or over the phone.
- We do not guarantee that the attorney will take your case, but you will get to speak with them personally for up to 30 minutes.
- Our panel attorneys must speak with you directly. They cannot pass you off to a paralegal or any other person for the consultation.
- We ask our attorneys to schedule an appointment for you within 24 to 48 hours whenever possible.
How The Lawyer Referral Service Works
Step 1To find an attorney, fill out an online request form or call (602) 257-4434 to speak with someone from our friendly staff about the nature of your problem.
Find An Attorney
We will ask you questions and work with you to find a professional who can assist you in a thorough and concise manner.
Step 2After we find a match you'll pay a one-time, non-refundable fee. If the attorney does not meet or speak with you personally, then you will be referred to a second panel attorney.
Each referral is for one separate legal matter. If you have multiple issues, you may need to pay different referral fees, as most attorneys only specialize in certain areas of law.
Step 3Once your payment has been received, the representative will provide the information necessary for you to schedule your appointment.
After setting up your appointment you will meet or speak with the attorney to assess your situation and discuss legal advice.
Step 4Near the end of the consultation, the attorney will let you know that your free time is almost over; any services past that point are between you and the attorney. You can decide if you wish to hire the attorney, but you are not required to hire him or her.
We look forward to helping you find the experienced and knowledgeable attorney to assist you in your legal needs.